- This event has passed.
Commisions for the SASCO Political School
April 6, 2018 - April 8, 2018
Fundamentals of SASCO
•Characteristics of a functioning Branch of SASCO.
• Campus Work (Student Centered Campaigns)
• Gender based Campaigns ( LGBTQI communities and their struggles, Feminism vs Gender Emancipation) Non Sexism Principle
• SASCO and the Fallist Movement on Campus, were we incharge?, what went wrong? What is to be done?
• Are we sticking to the Democratic principles? Are we Democratic? What about Democratic Centralism?
• Non Racial Org; Participation of other races in SASCO, I.e whites and Indians. What is to be done?
• What is the meaning of African Leadership??
• What is the meaning of Working Class Leadership.
• Define the education system in the context of the Global balance of forces
• Historical Evolution of Education
• Free Education and the New dynamic (Fee free education implementation)
• Curriculum Transformation, What is to be done?
• Reharsh Mergers, why mergers, Are they a success?
• Connection of Universities with TVET
• Language policy
• Role of Governing structures ( CHE, USaf, SAQA, Councils etc)
• Higher Education act
• Academic freedom and institutional autonomy
• Center and periphery
• SASCO as Left
• Tools of Analysis
• Historical Materialism and Dialectical Materialism
• SASCO and Black Consciousness
• The Decolonial Question
• NDR and SPOT (The alliance and Liberation struggle)
• 4th Industrial Revolution
• Internationalism and a posture of SASCO.
• The idea behind TVET
• TVET and Higher Education
• The TVET act
• Migration to Higher Education
• NCV and NATED (Whole curriculum)
• The Current state of TVET
• Governing Structures ( Councils and SRC and Government)
• SASCO TVET Branch, SASCO Organizing in the TVET.
What is to be Done??